Should this be your first time to register on the Points Registry then please read the following which will explain what the Points System is and how it relates to competition dance levels. Then you are given instructions on how to view and verify your competition dance level.
If you are already registered in the Points Registry, and wish to view your points or update your personal details then:
The following is from Section 2 of the Ceroc NZ Competition Rule, Categories and Judging Criteria Version May 2015.
2 Points System for Competitor Levels
2.1 How it works
● Competitors will be awarded points for their placings achieved in competitions.
● Points are held by individuals, not couples. ● A competitor’s points will determine which category levels they are eligible to enter.
● The points each competitor holds will be recorded and maintained in a centralised National database called the Points Registry.
2.2 Points Registry
To find out how many points you have please login to https://myceroc.co.nz/registrations/. The Points Registry will automatically be updated with the points earned at each competition within seven days of the competition results being announced. Overseas entrants will be required to contact Ceroc® NZ to confirm their competition level.
2.3 Points as they relate to Competitor Level
0 – 2 Newcomer
3 – 39 Intermediate B
40 – 99 Intermediate A
100 – 179 Advanced B
180 or more (or 180-299 if Champions is held at an event) Advanced A
300 or more Champions
2.4 Earning Points
Points are allocated to each individual for placings achieved according to the categories as set out below.
Classic (Freestyle and Dance with a Stranger (DWAS)) categories
A minimum of six couples for Freestyle, and six individuals of the same gender for DWAS, are required in a final for points to be awarded except for Newcomer events which have no minimum.
Points are allocated according to the level of the category not the level of the competitor.
● Newcomer categories: First – 9 points, Second – 6 points, Third – 3 points.
● Intermediate B categories: First – 21 points, Second – 14 points, Third – 7 points.
● Intermediate A and above categories: First – 30 points, Second – 20 points, Third – 10 points.
A minimum of three Showcase/Team entries are required for points to be awarded except Newcomer Teams which has no minimum.
● Showcases: First – 15 points, Second – 10 points, Third – 5 points.
● Teams: First – 3 points, Second – 2 points, Third – 1 point.
A minimum of four couples are required in a final for points to be awarded except for Open which requires a minimum of 6.
● First – 3 points, Second – 2 points, Third – 1 point.
2.5 Teachers Points
A Ceroc® Teacher is any teacher who currently teaches for a Ceroc® Branch and is recognised by Ceroc® NZ on the Teachers Register. Ceroc® Teachers will be allocated competition points to bring their total to a minimum of 100, unless they qualify for a higher competitive level.
How To View And Verify You Competition Dance Level
- If you have competed previously you will be in the system. Check your details and ensure they are current & correct.
- If you are not in the system, you will have to register to gain access to the Ceroc Points Registry.
- Once you have logged on, any placings you have achieved will show with corresponding points.
- View your points history and check that it is correct.
- If the information is not correct, contact Ceroc® NZ by e-mail on email@example.com.
- Your competitive dance level will show as unverified in red.
Note colours indicate the following:
RED – Unverified (at present all dancers start at this point).
ORANGE – In progress (an email has been automatically sent to the branch owner requesting verification of level within 72 hours).
GREEN – Tick, competition dance level has been verified (the competitors level has been approved).
- To verify your competition level you can either select & push the Request Verification button or register for a competition.
- An e-mail will be automatically generated and sent to your branch owner.
- Ceroc® NZ will then be advised by your branch owner and the Points Registry updated by verifying your level with a green tick.
- To start the process, log on to the link below.