- The competitor within the partnership with the most points must have 80 or more points. Partnerships do not require both competitors to be at the same level.
- Showcases may be either a couple or a triple entry.
- The couple or triple may be same sex.
- Competitors will dance a choreographed performance to their choice of music between 2.5 to 4 minutes long.
- The start of the performance is signalled by any audio, whether it be music, narration or sound effects including vocalised or physical (stomping/clapping etc).
- All moves are allowed including all Aerials.
- Showcases will go through a pre-selection process before entries are accepted.
- There must be at least three showcases accepted through the pre-selection process before this category will be run.
- Dancers who wish to compete in the Showcase category must register and submit a video of their showcase no later than Friday the 10th November 2017.
- The video of the showcase must be loaded onto a YouTube Account.
YouTube Uploading Instructions
1. Create a YouTube Account with user name and password. If you already have a username and password go to step 2.
2. Once you are logged in click the upload button in the top Right Hand corner of the screen.
3. Follow the on screen instructions to upload a file; you can either drag and drop the video onto the screen or search for your file.
4. This starts the upload process which depending upon the size of the file and internet connection speed can take some time, however upload and Processing Progress is displayed.
5.Change the privacy setting of the video to unlisted. This is so that it can’t be found in a search but we can view your link once you have sent it.
6. Copy the YouTube URL and send it via e-mail to email@example.com
- The video will be viewed and judged against the Showcase Judging Criteria by three judges.
- All entries will be emailed feedback advising whether or not the Showcase is eligible for entry by Monday 13th November 2017.
Showcase Judging Criteria
Showcases will be judged on the following, listed in order of importance.