What revolutions per second (RPM’s) means to cars; are beats per minute (BPM’s) to music.
- Dancers must dance to the basic timing of each song.
- One slow song and one fast song will be played for each heat.
- Progressing through to next round of heats will have the songs speed or tempo progressively getting slower and faster for the slow and fast songs respectively.
- Double timed moves for slow songs and half timed moves for fast songs are not allowed.
- Slow song BPM’s range 100 to 50 bpm & fast song 130 to 180 bpm.
- Only Ceroc Modern Jive is to be danced.
- No aerials allowed.
- Same sex couples allowed.
- Champion, Advanced B & A dancers cannot compete together.
Competitors will be judged on the following, refer to specific regional event details for the order of importance.
- Timing (Basic timing for each song)