Dance With A Stranger (DWAS) Category Rules
- Open to individual competitors, in Classic DWAS couples dance to an undisclosed piece of music.
- Men and women are judged separately. The judges will however be looking for how well you interact with each partner.
- Category level is dictated by an individual’s points. Therefore, a competitor’s level danced in Classic Freestyle and Classic DWAS may differ.
- Competitors can only enter one Classic DWAS category level.
- Men must dance the lead role and women must dance the follow role.
- Each pairing will have a minimum of 30 seconds until all men have danced with all women.
- Classic DWAS will have a maximum of 8 couples on the dance floor at one time.
- No Aerials (Baby, Full, Death spirals or Acrobatics) are allowed in any Classic DWAS category level.
- A Newcomer competitor must have 0-2 points.
- Moves allowed are the Ceroc® Beginner moves as listed below:
Left Side Change
Ceroc New Yorker
Figure Of 8
Intermediate B DWAS
- An Intermediate B competitor must have 3-39 points.
Intermediate A DWAS
- An Intermediate A competitor must have 40-99 points.
Advanced B DWAS
- An Advanced B competitor must have 100-179 points.
Advanced A DWAS
- An Advanced A competitor must have 180-299 points.
- A Champions competitor must have 300 points or more.
DWAS Judging Criteria Competitors will be judged on the following, listed in order of importance.
For more information refer to the: